Working Life & Employment Law

If you want to work in Bremerhaven, you usually need a work permit from the Migration Office. Whether you are allowed to work and receive a work permit depends, among other things, on your residence status and the job you want to work for. You also need a degree for most jobs. You can find out how to find work and how to apply in the category find & apply for work. There are counseling centers that can help you apply for a work permit or find a job. Just have a look at the offers below. Once you have found a job, you will receive an employment contract. In addition, you will normally receive a pay slip every month that shows how much you have earned and how much tax you have paid. The pay slip can be provided to you electronically or you can receive it as a document from your employer. Keep these documents in a safe place. If you file a tax return, you will need these documents. As an employee in Bremen you are automatically a member of the Chamber of Labour. At the Chamber of Employees you can get free advice on many questions concerning working life. For example, there is advice on labor law and social law. If you are a customer of the Jobcenter, there are a few things to consider when you want to work. You can find more information in the category work, money & jobcenter. You want to become self-employed? Then we have information about it in the category self-employment.

Frequently asked questions