public employment agency

The Agentur für Arbeit and the Jobcenter are the public employment services in Germany. They help you to find a job or to qualify for a profession.

The Bremerhaven Employment Agency will support you if you have a tolerated status or a residence permit. They will advise you on your career options.

The Job Centre will support you if you already have a work permit. They will also inform you about qualification opportunities or language courses, for example. For example, you can get information about training, qualifications, self-employment and the German labour market system. If you are unemployed, you can get financial support from the Job Centre.

In these videos you can see how you can get advice at the Job Centre.

Frequently asked questions

3 Listings
Listing type