In Germany, people with handicap get special support. They should not have disadvantages participating in social life because of their handicap. Therefore they receive special social benefits, for medical rehabilitation for example.

They are entitled to those benefits on the grounds of the “Sozialgesetz” (social law), in order to be able to participate in work and social life the best way possible.

Refugees with a handicap are under special protection (besonders schutzbedürftigen Flüchtlinge) according to the Asylbewerberleistungsgesetz (law on social benefits for asylum seekers).

If you or a family member does have a handicap, contact the staff in your housing facility or get in touch with one of the counselling centres listed in the offers below.


Frequently asked questions