The EWW offers school assistants for students with disabilities. Whenever the child needs support, the school assistant will be their person to turn to. They will support them with all tasks and challenges throughout the school day for which they need guidance and help.
Depending on the individual needs of the child, the school assistant can help and support:
- getting dressed and undressed
- to orientate in the school building
- medical help, medication etc.
- school tasks (e.g. personal encouragement and motivation)
- help to solve stress situations and conflicts
- support for social integration (e.g. getting to know classmates)
- accompany to school
Goals of the school assistant are:
- equal opportunities at schools for children with disabilities
- to overcome barriers based on disabilities
- support independence
- reach aimed school goals
If you have further questions contact the service center at any time!